Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Scrabble Win, Most Importantly

You will be happy to know that immediately upon returning home (after being showered with homemade confetti by my daughter) I beat my husband in Scrabble. Some of you I know were getting worried. But after a day driving rather than writing for 11 hours, I got my game back. Like Freewoman, I woke that first morning home anxious, with that "what do I have to do first" feeling, and the inability to believe that the answer was "nothing."
But tomorrow I have to deliver the manuscript in toto to my smart friend Susan. So tonight, my family is out riding bikes in the beautiful twilight, and I'm here writing once again, making all the changes suggested by my mother and Freewoman. By the way if you see my mother let me know. Last I saw her, she was driving off to see Emmylou Harris at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival and we haven't seen hide or hair since. Hopefully that's for very very good reasons.
I need to finish this novel and send it out before school starts because full time teaching doesn't leave much time. Yikes!
Always looking for readers, those of you who might be bored with summer!

4 comments:

Brian said...

Glad to see you put Bobby in his place. Welcome to the blogging community. You've been tagged.

Aaron said...

So, yeah. I've been bored the entire summer, and it never once occurred to me to check your blog. I feel just a little guilty about it.

I think its awesome that you're almost almost done, and my offer still stands to read that book, because, you know, I'm not reading enough things for you as it is. Also, we should definitely play scrabble again, so I can lose. Send me an email, or something. If you don't know my email, some internet detective work is in order, Hint, check my blogger profile.

Ellie said...

Nice blog! And good for your mom for going to Telluride.

just a guy said...

I SO volunteer to read your work!! I expect nothing but wonderful energy and brilliance, knowing you the way I do...which is to say "We used to work together and I thought you were cool and adept at your chosen profession, and that you utilized appropriate basic principles of wardrobe coordination, etc)"... I hope school is treating you well.