Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Don't go chasing Waterfalls....

Today was a much better day. I was a bit kinder to myself, giving my self permission to hoist up off the couch, close the computer and go for a hike. Ouray is one of the most gorgeous places I've ever been. I hiked alone up to a waterfall and made significant eye contact with several deer (it was just like a Disney movie except for the singing.) I felt very embodied and inspired again. I stood in the spray of a waterfall. I broke the umbilical tie with the laptop.
My husband, the great people that post and my daughter have been helping too, with kind words and total support. My sweet 10 year old wrote me a poem:

Mothers
mothers love,
mothers wish,
mothers say tiss tiss.
mothers cry,
mothers laugh,why?
mothers do it because they miss you and me,
to history
and forever on and on.
that is why mothers wish.

So that one is for all you mothers out there-- courtesy of my poetic child
I have great respect for people that make full-time writing a life, and those that post to a blog every day, like my wonderful brother and sister-in-laws. You should visit their blogs at http://www.amyletter.com/ and http://www.incertus.blogspot.com/ because they are brilliant and dedicated. I wish things came out of my brain in a more orderly fashion, but they come out in full Jackson Pollack splatter and then I have to pick up bits to reassemble. yuck.
Tomorrow I start part two of the novel, traveling back in time to a pink hotel on the Jersey shore. Wish me luck. As for Freewoman things are heating up in her novel so if you are under 18 don't even think about asking why.
Special prize for anyone who identifies the allusion in the title of this post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

TLC?

And you'll be added to the blogroll sometime this evening. ;)

Amy said...

Bobby just showed me your blog -- we're going to link to you (under "Amy's Faves") from Incertus... and we'll definitely come over here and keep up with you more! :-)

Aaron said...

man, i used to love that song when i was maybe... seven. good times.