Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday, Monday...so good to me

The lovely and talented Letterlady is hard at work beside me researching all those fascinating footnotes I mentioned in the last post. We have had another productive day, although spent some of it frustrated with what seemed on the surface to be a slowing down, compared with yesterday. I think it's actually a combination of ridiculously high expectations combined with a natural pendular swing that will eventually manifest in a sustainable daily rhythm. It's only our second full day, after all.

Having said that, I have managed to write a total of five chapters of my novel, but encountered difficulty with the one where Eurydice gets a backstage pass to Orpheus's concert. I really want it to ring true, and while I really like the dialogue, I'm less sure about some of the details and it took longer than I would have liked. The chapter where Persephone loses her virginity to Hades flowed more easily, but he is such a creep that my stomach was in knots by the time I finished it.

I'm going to try to post some pictures, now that we've taken some...

No comments: