Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ready, set......

So it's early morning and I'm ready to begin. Everything is lined up: our hosts are wonderful, writers themselves with great wit and a lovely home, my computer is not broken as I hysterically feared last night, my daughter is fine, the coffee is made, the setting is scrumptious. I was woken up in the middle of the night by my writing partner's hysterical laughter. She had a dream where one of her students inadvertantly made her do a back flip. I hope my students do the same for me.
I am so excited, and yet so nervous.
Of COURSE I never finished a novel before. I'm a full time teacher and mom! There was never enough time. But now there is and I have these days to make it happen. If I can't do it now then the problem is bigger than time. So no excuses. Coffee in, words out, wish me luck.
Did I mention that it's incredibly beautiful here?

No comments: